GBBD First Time

>> Sunday, June 15, 2008

Last year my garden was just getting started. This month I finally have enough flowers worthy of posting!

First up, the Blues:

Veronica Crater Lake Blue







Salvia East Friesland








Nepeta Walker’s Low (Catmint)







Iris Reticulata








Next, the Pinks:

Dianthus Agatha







Geranium Clorinda (almost)







Rose unknown







Dianthus Zing Rose







Dianthus Desmond







Cosmos Sensation







Allium Alpine Rosy Bells








Rose Tuscan Sun









4 comments:

Daisy June 15, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

The flowers are beautiful! I wish my stuff was that far along... I've got one cosmo bloom. We just had snow a few days ago, so I shouldn't complain.

I also liked your entry on lawns vs. food. I was just reading Pollan's Second Nature - he definitely gets on his soap box about suburbia's lawns and their excessiveness. I need to get more of my lawn up, but there's so much shade!

Kate June 16, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

So beautiful, Greg, just so lovely.

sweetlifeinthevalley June 22, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

Hi I just happen to come across you blog. I just love gardening and I also blog in Utah County. I will be checking back often.
April

Greg W June 22, 2008 at 4:36 PM  

Sorry I haven't responded until now. Been on vacation for last 12 days.

Daisy, isn't this weather just so weird this year? Snow in June! Crazy.

Thank-you Daisy and Kate for the kind comments. My garden is finally beginning to pay off.

Welcome April, good to hear from a fellow Utahn. It seems there aren't very many of us. I'm going to check out your blog now.

© 2007 -2011 - Utah Valley Gardens - All photos and content copyrighted by Utah Valley Gardens unless otherwise attributed. The use of photographs posted on this site without permission is forbidden and is protected by copyright law, as is all original text.

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP