Started first seeds indoors

>> Sunday, January 25, 2009

I just couldn’t wait, so I started some radishes. These are not going to go outside, though.

These radishes are part of my recent order from John Scheepers, Purple Plum and Helios Yellow.

I started 15-18 each in a rotisserie chicken container from Costco. The coffee cup was used to sprinkle water on the soil, I closed the small opening in the lid so just a little water would come out. I always have a problem with pouring water on the seedlings and washing everything into one corner, so this worked out great.

The Purple Plum radish will be ready in 25-30 days, while the Helios Yellow won’t be ready fro 30-35 days.

I’m so excited. Woo Hoo!

1 comments:

Robin hill farm January 28, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

I don't like radishes, but I know what you mean. We still have snow on the ground and I can't wait for spring. I just spent the last two hours looking at flowering trees and fruit trees on the internet. I'm tired of looking at my garden covered in black plastic. -Lee

© 2007 -2011 - Utah Valley Gardens - All photos and content copyrighted by Utah Valley Gardens unless otherwise attributed. The use of photographs posted on this site without permission is forbidden and is protected by copyright law, as is all original text.

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP