Blooming Hosta, who knew?

>> Saturday, July 28, 2007

My Hosta ‘Golden Tiara’ bloomed! Totally unexpected. It is a really pretty flower and I am surprised it bloomed. Looking at the condition of the plant (especially compared with what it once looked like when I first got it just eight weeks ago). I didn’t think it was healthy enough to send up a flower.



The leaves look really bad. This is why I am so surprised that it flowered. It looks like it wants to die but the new leaves in the center are looking healthy.

I don't know if it is not enough water, too much water, too much sun. It gets direct sunlight from 4 PM to about 7:30 PM. That shouldn't be too much.

Nature always surprises me.

0 comments:

© 2007 -2011 - Utah Valley Gardens - All photos and content copyrighted by Utah Valley Gardens unless otherwise attributed. The use of photographs posted on this site without permission is forbidden and is protected by copyright law, as is all original text.

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP